- Applicant must be 50 years of age or over
Must meet any of the financial requirements:
1. Security deposit of THB 800,000 in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the visa application
2. Monthly Income of 65,000 THB
3. Combination of security deposit and annual income with a total of 800,000 THB
Supporting documents are as follows:
1. In case of security deposit, you will provide an updated bank book or passbook together with a bank letter stating that the money had been deposited to the account from an overseas source for not less than 2 months.
2. In case of income, a letter from your embassy in Thailand verifying your monthly income; or should your embassy does not issue an income letter, you will provide a 12-month bank statement showing a regular deposit of 65,000 baht into
a Thai bank account
Note: The foreigner on a visa exemption stamp or a tourist visa can still apply for a retirement visa given that the foreigner has already met the requirements for the non-immigrant O visa and for the one year extension visa applications. This can be done at the immigration office in Thailand.
Reminders To The Thailand Retirement Visa Holders:
Retirement visa holder are required to notify the Immigration Office regarding their current residential address every 90 days. This can be done either by mail or by personal visit to the immigration office. You may also enlist the services of an agent to do this on your behalf through a Power of Attorney.
If the retiree is not in the country when the report is due, the counting for the 90-days will start again after upon re-entry to Thailand.